Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The story behind the covered button necklaces...

I have always been slightly addicted to reading crafty blogs. I have lists and lists of project ideas inspired by the wonderful scrapbooking, sewing, and craft blogs out there. Every once in a while, though, I come across a project that is so exciting that I feel like I have to make it right now. Do you ever feel like that?

That's the way it was with the covered button necklaces. Last winter I saw one on a blog and thought, "Ooh, I want to try that!" I posted the end result on my personal blog, and I began to wear it everywhere. I love how funky and unique it is.

About a month or so ago, Husband and I were at a restaurant for dinner, and I was wearing my necklace. I was surprised and delighted when two waitresses and the manager (at separate times) came by our table and raved over the necklace. They all asked whether I sold them anywhere. Their compliments were so much more than just nice words! Because of their encouragement, I decided to create more necklaces for my shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment